Today is the 42nd Anniversary of Peggy and my wedding. 42 may sound like a large number - and it is - but I mean it when I say that "it seems just like yesterday." She remains the love of my life and I'm proud to say it. I'm still not sure how I managed to pull off one the worlds biggest wins when it comes to finding the perfect partner ... but I did!
In celebration of that momentous day - we're taking the day off! A "Zero Day!" No miles to be driven. No highway intersections to negotiate. No fellow drivers to worry about. Well it's a day off for me anyway. Peggy has insisted on getting the laundry done ... and I'm not complaining. Perhaps I'll be a good husband and take her out to dinner tonight.
It is a beautiful fall day here in Richmond, IN where we settled in yesterday afternoon. Richmond is right near the Indiana-Ohio border along I-70. I figure we have 4 more travel days left on our trip and it looks like the first two will be spent heading pretty much due East to New Jersey to visit with Brian, Nicky, Alyssa, and Emily. We haven't seen them for quite awhile so we're both looking forward to seeing them again and finding out what's happening in their busy lives.
I know you are all looking forward to our end of trip statistics so I thought I would provide a few teasers in today's post.
Number of States Traveled This Trip (To Date) = 18
Number of Additional States Traveled in 2012 = 14
Days "on-the-road" in 2012 (To Date) = 173
% of 2012 "on-the-road" = 62%
Miles traveled in 2012 (To Date) = 12,510
Winne Overnight Parking Spots Visited in 2012 = 46
Hope ya'll are having a great day!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two! Enjoy the day...Love ya both MUCH....
ReplyDeleteGlad you took the day to celebrate your anna. Forty-two is a good number, just getting started. We're heading for 40 this March - WOW, the big four-Oh. Anyway, hope you guys had a great day and enjoyed each other's company. Whereja go dinner?
ReplyDeleteI'm a couple days late, but I wish y'all a happy anniversary anyway. Continue to have a safe trip home. We were hoping you would take the southern route and drive right by our house, but maybe next time. Hugs.
ReplyDelete