Eric and Jen showed up on Saturday morning to pick up their car from the MIM Auto Care Center. Since Jen has been pretty cooped up on her Doctor ordered bed rest routine - she was glad to get out of the house for a while and see what was happening in the world! Since not much was happening at our house we decided that Jen needed a trip to Fat Boy Drive-In to perk up her spirits. She seemed pretty cheery after a Fat Boy Whoper Burger Basket and a Root Beer! I think both she and Baby E (A.K.A "Sophie") enjoyed the trip. As for Peggy and I ... I think we both enjoyed our first trip to Fat Boy this summer!
Yesterday was a relatively nice day with rain forecast for today -- so Peggy and I decided to take the Chevelle out for an early afternoon cruise. We headed north on Route 1 to Wiscasset and stopped at the town dock for a bite to eat before continuing on. We thought about walking across the street to "Red's Eats" for one of their world famous lobster rolls, but we opted to try some of the fare at Spragues on the dock instead. Frank and Linda Sprague used to be the on-site food service providers at Maine Yankee during the decommissioning process, have catered traditional lobster bakes around the area for many years, and have been operating a snack shack on the Wiscasset dock now for several years. Peggy opted for the fish and chips while I had a bowl of Frank's clam chowder and a crabmeat roll. Eating seafood outdoors on the dock on a nice afternoon in Maine during a cruise up Route 1 in '65 Chevelle .... hard to beat that!
After our yummy lunch we continued our trip up Route 1, across the bridge to Edgecomb, and then turned off and headed to Boothbay Harbor. We made the loop, cruising through town and then started our return trip back home. The traffic in downtown Boothbay can get pretty bad in the summer months but it wasn't bad at all during our quick trip through town. I guess the tourists were still sleeping in!
That was yesterday. Today it has been raining all day so we are staying inside and doing inside stuff.
Staying inside today is OK with me. I have been pretty busy with "projects" these past several weeks and I suspect this next week may be pretty wild as well. So today we kick back and relax.
Come on Sophie ... Hurry Up .... Grandpa wants to play!
No comments:
Post a Comment