Sunday, May 16, 2021

Jerzee!

 Well here we are ... one week in on our 2021 Springtime getaway. We have been hanging out in “southern” New Jersey ... more specifically in Absecon, NJ ... a few miles west of Atlantic City ... a few miles east of Stockton University, home of the fighting Ospreys ... and about 30 miles east of Sicklerville, NJ, home of the New Jersey Evringham Clan.

Our granddaughter Alyssa graduated from Stockton last Tuesday with a degree in Marine Science ... so that was pretty exciting!





She even found time to tour her grandparents around nearby historic Smithville. I can’t say we saw a lot of “history” ... but we did visit a lot  of CLSs (that’s Cute Little Shops for you unfamiliar with the Acronyms of Miss Judy Patterson!). After buying plenty of Cute Little Things from the CLSs ... Miss Alyssa took us for a side trip to the Stockton University Marine Field Lab Site where we met Steve the Field Lab Manager and even got a quick tour of the Stockton University Research Vessel RV Petrel complete with explanations of the underwater ROV (Remote Operated Vehicle) and the SSS (Side Scan Sonar). Fun times on a beautiful spring day here on “the shore.”






Today is granddaughter Emily’s 17th Birthday ... so we will assist in celebrating that at some “Escape Room” here nearby and then dinner out at some Japanese Hibachi Style cookery! So wish us luck on that adventure ... hopefully we escape with all participants and in plenty of time for dinner.

The trip is going fine so far with only one semi major hiccup when I had to replace the evaporator fan motor on our refrigerator a couple of days ago! Fortunately I was able to source the needed part in short order at a local appliance parts supply business and make the installation in about an hour ... after carefully studying the appropriate you tube video! And then there was/is an ongoing issue with some neck pain I am having — but we will survive that too I hope!

I guess I should also note that we are planning on heading further west and south starting tomorrow with our next waypoint scheduled to be near Asheville, NC on Wednesday. Yes — I am aware that that part of the country has been experiencing fuel shortages after a major distribution pipeline had to be shutdown last week ... and then the panic buying set in for a few days. But the pipeline is back up and running now and the fuel supplies are returning to normal so ...off into the abyss we will go!

In spite of all the reasons to turn back ... we will venture forth! After all ... look at the bright sides ... we are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 ... the feds tell us we can stop wearing masks ... someday soon all the states may agree that masks are not necessary ... the crisis at our southern border is “under control,” Israel will soon stop Hamas from firing rockets in their direction until the UN brokers a ceasefire thereby allowing Hamas to rearm and start again, the Democrat Socialists will soon piss-off everyone around them and will be pushed back into their caves ... so yeah ... things are looking up!

I told you kids that this mess is yours to fix ...

I’m off to the next adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels - and enjoy!! How are gas prices where you are? They go up every day here!! Love you both!! Congrats to Alyssa, too! So very proud of her accomplishment - and in only 3 YEARS! YEAH!!

    ReplyDelete