I’ll bet you thought I had given up on this blog since I sorta abandoned it during our spring trip earlier this year. And I did. Since I tend to make a Facebook posting periodically during our trips it just seems duplicative … and it is.
But once in awhile I suppose I’ll make an entry here just to keep you on your toes.
We have been normal summertime busy here since we returned around the end of June. Summertime is always busy in Maine since it is so short and we have lots of projects waiting for summertime to accomplish, lots of visiting to do, and plenty of summertime things to do. We accomplished the first few gotta do chores during June/July … get Winne cleaned up and back in storage, get the summer toys (motorcycles and the Chevelle) out of storage, tinker with the toys to get them back into running condition, get summertime house projects completed (new roof this year), and get through Evringham family birthday season (Aiden, Stacy, Me, Nicky, Kaj, Eric, Brian).
Now we have moved right in to late summer projects like re-stain the shed and go to a few motorcycle/car shows.
It won’t be long before the pre-autumn chores will begin … like accomplish a few pre-travel Winne repairs/upgrades, and get in a few last minute summertime projects before the leaves start to fall.
This time of year also starts the winter travel process. Since we do not really have a set spot to spend each winter when we run away … we tend to start our planning process very late as compared to most snowbirds. Those folks have their winter travel plans set before the last snowflake leaves the north country. Those folks are smarter than us!
As you may have heard … RV travel and the RV lifestyle took a big jump in popularity during the last year and a half during the pandemic. Although this trend may be temporary … it is still real and has made RV trip planning more challenging … especially for us that like “just-in-time” planning!
In spite of all the news, fake news, and other hubbub going around regarding the Coronavirus Varients X, Y, and Z … we are still planning a trip south this winter. As usual, we hope to be leaving shortly after Christmas during a break in the weather.
We plan on spending a few days in New Jerzee catching up with the NJ Gang and then heading further south to find some short pants weather. This year I think we will plan on heading down I-81 again and then over to near Charlotte, NC to visit the Freightliner Service Center in Gaffney, SC to get any needed Winne service accomplished.
![]() |
I’m not exactly sure what service we will need since we were just there in May … but if I don’t get it done earlier - I do have some new Koni Shock Absorbers waiting to be installed!
From Gaffney I think we will head over to the Savannah, GA area for about a week then down a bit further to Brunswick, GA for a couple more weeks. We both like that area and haven’t visited for many years so we thought that might be fun.
Then we thought we would head west to visit the Rainbow Plantation in Lower Alabama for a few weeks. I’m sure we can find some Gulf shrimp to eat, a few friends to laugh with, and maybe even some Mardi Gras activities!
By the time Fat Tuesday rolls around it will be March and time to start thinking about heading home … but not before heading over to central Florida for a few weeks to really warm up before pointing Winne back north.
We have managed to reserve enough spots to stay in these locations to start filling in the blanks … and there is always Wal-Marts, Truck Stops, and Casinos along the way. Who needs a plan!








No comments:
Post a Comment