So … here we are again. We managed to survive a whole day with no new RV related issues. Yesterday was spent cleaning up after my “loss of A/C” repair, staying warm, and a trip to the local grocery store to pick up pre-winter storm provisions along with all the crazy New Jerseyans.
This area of New Jersey received about 4 inches of snow last night. Since I am from Maine … and therefore travel with a snow shovel … I got out this morning and shoveled a path around Winne and cleaned off the truck. It was a deja vu moment as I recalled being in this campground 11 years ago when we got 10 inches of snow! Digging out from that one was much more difficult … but the same snow shovel was used!
This Morning …
11 years ago …
As you know, the purpose of our trip here to New Jersey was to have a short visit with our son Brian and his family on our way south. As it turns out … Brian came down with Covid type symptoms right before we left Maine and then spent 7 hours or so sitting in his truck outside a testing facility waiting to receive a Covid test. As it turned out … he tested positive and has been isolating at home for the past 5 days. Although he has been doing his best to stay away from the rest of the family, at-home type tests revealed positive results for them yesterday. Granddaughter Alyssa drove through the snow this morning to have herself tested at the testing facility and she tested negative!? Fortunately Brian’s symptoms have pretty much gone away and the others are doing OK as well. Because I had lots of time on my hands I went to the CDC website to find out what they were supposed to do with these results. I think I now know … but I’m not sure … thanks CDC for all your help.
Regardless … we have some items we need to exchange with them so after we give the various NJ Public Works Departments time to clean up the snow we received last night we plan on heading over to their house to do our drop offs and pick ups … outside and distanced! We love them all but they need to deal with whatever sickness they have, we don’t need to be adding to that problem, and perhaps we can visit on our way home!
We still plan on heading further south on Sunday — y’all keep your fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment