I've been reminded several times over the last week that Southern Texas is in the worse drought in 50 years. I really feel sorry for the folks and critters down there that rely on water for their well being - but I know where their water is! It's up here in Maine!! Now, if I could only figure out a way to easily transport it down to you Texans ... I'll start working on that right away.
Speaking of Texas ... I heard on TV the other day that the Governor of Texas has threatened to refuse to accept the national health insurance plan presently being discussed in Congress. It seems he has read the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution and believes that individual states have some sovereignty when it comes to certain actions taken (or threatened to be taken) by the federal governement that are not granted to the feds in the Constitution. You may remember that the first 10 Amendments to the Contitution are known as "the Bill of Rights." We often hear about many of the issues covered in the Bill of Rights - like "freedon of speech," and the "right to bear arms" ... but I think we are going to be hearing more about the 10th Amendment. Google it - Read it - Ponder it!
Now that I'm back from my trip down Libertarian Lane ...
Along with the return of the rainy/yucky weather to Maine - the good news is we also got a visit yesterday from the NJ Evringhams - Brian, Nicky, Alyssa, and Emily. They plan on being up here for a week so we hope to enjoy their company and get out and do some fun things while they are here - in spite any weather issues that may try to spoil their visit!
When we aren't visiting and playing with grandkids this week I hope to get some more preps completed for my future sealing of the driveway and maybe even start doing a few preparations for hitting the road again in a couple of weeks. Although the motorhome was pretty well ready to go when I put it in storage a few months ago - there are always things that need to be checked and readied before we head out.
It's time for the Maineiacs to be back in Motion ... and Texas is looking better and better.
No comments:
Post a Comment