It has been a busy week here in Vacationland although it has been mostly more of the same.
I kept busy completing my re-wiring project in the basement and have moved on to re-wiring the garage. The basement project had three concurrent goals. The first goal was to decrease the load on a few circuits by adding some new circuits to a basement subpanel I had installed a number of years ago. At the same time - I decided I might as well upgrade some of the original wiring from the old original 2-wire "ungrounded" system to a safer 3-wire grounded system. Finally - I thought it would be a good idea to install all exposed wiring below the ceiling level in the unfinished portion of the basement in conduit. The garage project is kind-of the same. Mostly I wanted to install all the existing wiring in conduit (easier said than done) - but I also decided to split out the load into several separately breakered circuits. When I'm all done I think the system will be safer and much closer to today's electrical code. This is another one of those projects that started off on a much lower scale and soon ballooned to a several day and several trips to Home Depot project. But then again - if it's worth doing - it's worth doing well! (Even if it involves doing some of it for the second time!!).
Miss Peggy has entered the final phase of her VBS preparations. She is starting to gather all her supplies for each the five days. She gets real focused when she hits this phase - so it's a good thing I am staying busy and keeping out of her hair!
We managed to fit in a small birthday celebration yesterday since Mikee finished up his 59th year and is now counting down to the big Six Oh. Thanks to all for the good birthday wishes!
So besides completing some more home projects and preparing for VBS - we are looking forward to having Brian and the gang here next week and then we start getting ready to hit the road for a couple of weeks. No time to rest - summer only lasts so long here in Vacationland!!
No comments:
Post a Comment