Time for my weekly update! Weekly is about as good as I can get while in this w*rk mode I suppose. Anyway ...
After another 4 day work week I made the drive back to Maine on Friday. Although it was Friday - and it is still officially summer - the traffic was relatively light coming into Maine. I suppose most folks are getting into the back to school mode and less vacationers are out on the roads. I did however note that a few trees along the interstates are starting to get a few yellows and oranges into the background of green. Ah - my favorite time of year in the northeast!
Our RV buddies Judy and Darrell Patterson are on their way west and south out of Maine this weekend and decided to visit with us for a couple of days this weekend as they start their trip. We had a nice relaxing dinner with them here at the house Friday night and then yesterday we were treated by a visit from some more RVing friends, Gene and Judi Curp, who have been spending the last few weeks in NH walking portions of the Appalachian Trail. It was really great to have them all over to the house ... just enjoying their company ... and then of course there was Darrell's famous fish chowdah, made with fresh caught Maine Haddock, fresh dug Maine Potatoes, fresh churned Maine (well maybe it was Vermont) Butter - and lots of care. It was waay yummy and was then followed by an equally yummy dessert provided by the Curps!!!
After all that fun - it's time to hit the road back to NY. But this time Peggy will be heading back with me for a couple of weeks. Yea for that!!
So that's about it from here in the Northeast - working hard - playing harder ... next stop - the Empire State.
No comments:
Post a Comment