Saturday, September 10, 2011

Busy Week - Topsham, Maine

How did it manage to get to Saturday already? This has been a busy week!

We spent a good deal of Monday and Tuesday at the hospital visiting with Stacy and Taylor - so that explains a couple of days. Then there was the trip to Scarborough on Wednesday to see the financial advisor guy - followed by another trip to the hospital to see Stacy and Taylor get discharged.

I did manage to get part of the Vue waxed somewhere in between the hospital visits and I spent several hours over the past couple of days finishing up my work on the '68 Mustang engine. I was successful in getting the engine running and tuned up pretty well - so that project is behind me. But it appears that my friend that "found" the Mustang project has found another project for me - a 1940 Ford Streetrod that has some engine problems. I may be starting a second career as an "antique engine restoration specialist!" But if I keep this up - when am I going to find time for all my projects? Oh well - it keeps me off the streets and Peggy knows where to find me!

Speaking of Peggy - she got to report for jury duty yesterday - her first time. She wasn't chosen for a specific jury yesterday - but she will get additional opportunities later in the month.

So that's pretty much the way it is here in the northeast corner of New England. The leaves are starting to show a little color as the days are getting shorter and the nights are getting cooler. It won't be long now and the splendor of fall will be fully upon us. That will be closely followed by me complaining about having to rake those pretty red, orange, and yellow leaves!

At least I won't be complaining about all the political election signs. On second thought - maybe another election would be a really good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Fall already!!! How time flies. It just seems like yesterday that we were fixing the busted leveling leg on the RV, now we're smelling the leaves as they die on the trees. Fall was my favorite season of the year when we lived in Maine. The only complaint that I had was that it was soooo short lived. As for the political signs, here one - Vote The Bums Out!! At least that way we get a fresh bunch of bums.

    ReplyDelete