Saturday, October 3, 2009

Visiting in the Bay Area

Today is our third full day here in the San Francisco area. We are actually on the other side of the bay in San Leandro which is just south of Oakland. We have spent most of our time these first few days visiting with Derek - our grand nephew (I think that's the right term) who is recovering from surgery in the Children's Hospital Oakland, Niece Decky, and my sister Jamie. Derek is a busy boy with all the therapy he is receiving - respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy - and seems to be improving - it's a slow process but he appears to be gaining a little each day. So far Peggy and I are official game players and so far our only game has been Blackjack. Derek likes to play cards and I think he is in training to be a card shark. I think I'm down about 13 cents so far at a penny a hand - but I think we'll raise the stakes today and see if I can catch up!

Sister Jamie has been staying in the Family House (lodging provided through the hospital) but last night she stayed with us in the motorhome. She seemed to survive OK - in spite of the train and airplane noises.

Today we plan on more of the same. I think I will try and get some cleaning done on the rig and we'll head over to the hospital later this afternoon.

Tomorrow is Peggy and my 39th wedding anniversary. Perhaps we'll try and do something special. Ya'll will have to wait and see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment