Peggy and I had a relatively quiet day yesterday. We had a nice slow start to the morning and enjoyed a nice breakfast of french toast and bacon right here inside Winne. After some long showers (We had to conserve grey tank space while in Minden) we jumped in the Vue and did something we had never done in 42 years of marriage ... we both got a haircut at the same place and at the same time! The "firsts" just keep on coming!
After that exciting experience we drove back up I-80 to Rocklin to visit Camping World and do a bit of shopping for Winne. We picked up a replacement filter for the drinking water spigot and also purchased a replacement cartridge for the outside "sediment" filter. I like to keep our fresh water system as "clean" as possible. It is also time to drain what water is in our fresh water holding tank and replace it with some "new" stuff. The city water supplied here isn't too bad so we'll put back in a few gallons for use while we're traveling.
Speaking of "firsts" ... yesterday was the BIG DAY. Yessiree ... my very first Old Age Insurance (Social Security) payment arrived in my checking account -- right on time. I'll have to give the Federal Government some credit. They may be paying me back with borrowed money -- but they pay on-time!
So - does this new status make me one of the 47% that Mitt Romney was talking about? You know - the 47% of the population that says they are going to vote for the incumbent president no matter what - because he supports their continued government payments? Nope - not me - my payment is simply a return of the $$ I (and my various employers) let the government use all these years while I was waiting to get "old." I believe there are a lot of folks who have become way too dependent on the various government agencies and programs to fund their lives and lifestyles - and yes, many of these folks will fight real hard to keep those "benefits" rolling in -- but I consider myself one of the 47% that simply want to live my life in peace and quiet with minimal interference from my government.
As for those "other" folks? I sure hope they don't vote!
CONGRATS! See, I told you so. Love you brother.
ReplyDelete