It looks like it's getting time to move on.
Sister Jamie had her knee doctor appointment on Tuesday and she appears to be progressing well. She still has a considerable ways to go before she will be back to normal but she continues to heal. She is becoming more and more self sufficient around the house and is getting pretty antsy ... wanting to do more than she is able with that big leg brace getting in her way. Just to complicate her life a bit more - she had cataract surgery yesterday on one eye and will have the other one done later this month.
Nan had her Doc visit yesterday. She also appears to be healing well and has been cleared for travel. Soooo ... it looks like we will be leaving the Quiring RV Resort and Rehab Center sometime this weekend to make the trek over to my sister Marcie's place in Minden, NV. Nan also still has a ways to go to be back to a new "normal" but I think we are all ready to get on with the transition to her new Rehab Center. I doubt anyone is really ready for such a lifestyle change but Marcie and her husband Don seem to be ready to accept the challenge and Mom appears ready to move on as well.
Don left here today to take care of some items that need to be taken care of in Minden prior to our arrival and we are planning on leaving here on Sunday but that could be pulled up to Saturday. We are starting to gather all of Mom's "stuff" that will be going to Minden and I have been getting Winne ready for travel as well. The generator oil and filter got changed earlier this week and the coach engine got the same treatment today.
We toyed with the idea of having Nan travel in Winne but decided that the six large steps in and out combined with the rather tight bathroom quarters might pose too large of a challenge - so she will be traveling in her CRV driven by Marcie while Peggy and I travel in Winne - dragging the Vue behind us.
Peggy and I plan on staying in Minden as long as it takes to get things "settled" there before moving on. As to our plans after that ...? Well a lot depends on a lot.
We hope to make it to back to the Golden State to Sacramento to visit with Peggy's sisters and families before starting our trip home. And then we need to decide on a timetable and a route back to the Pine Tree State.
Option 1: "The Scenic Route" ... Back through northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana and then across I-90.
Option 2: "The Direct Route" ... Directly back along I-80.
Option 3: "The kinda Scenic and more Direct Route" ... Across Nevada along US 50 to Utah and then find a way to I-70 or I-40 for the trip east.
I'm sure the actual route will turn out to be some combination of the above ... or some new route that suggests itself along the way.
But first things first - On to Minden.
No comments:
Post a Comment