Thursday, January 8, 2009

Abandoned and Playing With Toys

Would you believe it - Peggy has abandoned me! She left snowy Maine yesterday and flew south to North Carolina where I'm sure it is much warmer! The information I got was that she was being sent to NC to learn about setting up for and then teaching Vacation Bible School later this summer - but I think it was a plot for her to leave snowy Maine and go south to enjoy some warmer temperatures - just like I did to her last winter!

She called last night to let me know she made it safe and sound - and I'm sure that she will be working hard the next few days as she attends all her seminars - but it had better not be really nice weather down there or I'll not hear the end of it.

As for me - I'm simply surviving here in Maine. I spent the morning shoveling some more of the white stuff we got yesterday and then the mailman arrived with my new toy. Since I learned last week that the federal taxman is going to be nice and return some of the money that I lent him last year - I decided to stimulate the economy a bit and I ordered a tire pressure monitoring system for the Motorhome/Car. I have been wanting to get one of these units for some time and especially since our flat tire experience in late 2007.

The unit arrived today via USPS Priority Mail. Two days total from Mission, TX to Topsham, ME - not bad! The unit consists of a receiver/monitoring unit that will mount somewhere on the dash and 10 sensor/transmitter gadgets that screw onto the 10 tires that need monitoring (6 on the MH and 4 on the car-in-tow). Not only will the unit allow me to read tire pressures remotely from insde the MH - it will also alarm if any tire pressure decreases or increases by a set percentage. Although I had a very loud notification when the tire "blew" in 2007 - the hope/plan is that this unit will provide plenty of pre-warning that a problem is developing and allow me to fix it before it becomes a big problem.

Although I will have to wait awhile before I install the unit in the MH - I did get to play with it a bit here in the house while installing the sensors on the car tires outside. It's always fun to play with a new toy!!

Speaking of playing ... you may note that I have been playing a bit more with the blog. I learned how to use Google Maps to make a map that pinpoints where we stopped on our various trips and how to attach that to the Blog (all thanks to fellow Rvers Jim and Chris Guld at Geeksontour.com). I have attached a couple of examples. Let me know which type you like better! If you don't like either - keep that to yourself! You need to enlarge the maps by clicking on the "View Larger Map" words below the map to see the whole picture. You can also get a bit more info by clicking on the icons that show where we stayed during the trip(s).

Now I have to figure out how to feed myself with Peggy gone ...

1 comment:

  1. I got ya covered on the feeding yourself thing.......www.dominos.com!

    ReplyDelete