In my last entry you may recall that it was snowing and that I was expecting 6 or so inches of new snow. Well it turned out that the "6 or so" turned out to be "14 or so!" However, I am glad to announce that we have had less snow so far this year than last year but the total is still somewhere around 50 inches for the winter - so far.
In spite of dealing with the snowy weather and feeling a little under the weather (minor head colds/sinus infections) Peggy and I continue to plod along doing what needs to be done. Along with the "normal" stuff - she is getting prepared to do some training for other folks preparing to teach Vacation Bible School later this summer and I try to stay out of her way while continuing to add to and subtract from my list of stuff that needs to be taken care of before we leave next month (T minus 25 days and counting). I've pretty much done what can be done until it's time to uncover the motorhome and REALLY get serious about getting ready to go. Depending on the weather - I think maybe I'll take the cover off next weekend, put in the batteries, and awaken the rig from it's winter nap. Then the urge to get rolling and headed south will REALLY be in full swing!
Until then I guess I will practice the old Navy tradition of standing by to stand by!
No comments:
Post a Comment