Well it has been a week now since my last post so let me bring you up-to-speed. When last we met I was recovering from a 14 inch snowfall ... since then we have had another 10 inches with a crusting of about a half inch of ice on top of that. Needless to say I have been pretty busy the last few days digging out the driveway, raking the roof (that's right - we rake our roofs here in Maine when the snow gets as deep as it is right now!!), and shoveling off the deck.
Today I started to get the motorhome ready to move. I hadn't visited it for a few weeks so I was sorta apprehensive as to what I might be facing. I keep the motorhome stored at my friend Don's property about a mile away. He has a large piece of land and allows me to park the motorhome behind the "barn." The barn is actually a very large and very old building where he and his parents before him raised chickens. The chickens have been gone for many years now and the barn is used mainly for storage of "stuff." Don stores a few cars in the lower level of the barn - including my Chevelle. Don knew that I was going to want to get the motorhome out around this time and has been nice enough to plow around the front and one side of the rig - making my preparations a whole lot easier. Since there was about a foot of snow on top the cover I keep on the motorhome over the winter - I used my roof rake to get most of it off and then did a bit of hand shoveling to clean up what had been knocked off the top.
Tomorrow I plan to go over and install the batteries, start the engine and run it for awhile, and check out a few systems (generator, heat, etc). I may also do some more shoveling around the sides and may take off the main cover and the tire covers. We'll have to see how ambitious I am tomorrow! I can't procrastinate too long - we are now at T-18 and counting!!
When we were in California last year my sister Jamie gave me 5 old reels of 8mm film that my parents had taken around 1965 or so. I remember they had been given a 8mm movie camera and had taken a few rolls of film - but they never really got into the home movie thing much more than that and we never did have a projector to show the movies. Since none of us (including mom) really remembered what was on these reels - I thought it would be a cool thing to have these old 8mm reels transferred to a DVD - so I did. I had the transfer done by a local firm here in Maine and got the DVD yesterday. Talk about hilarious! There is nothing funnier than looking at old home movies that you didn't know (or at least didn't remember) existed that were taken when you were a teenager. Peg (she and her family were in one of the films) and I spent last evening Laughing Out Loud. I know Nan, Marcie, and Jamie will also get a big kick out of seeing these oldies - but goodies. Copies will be in the mail soon!
Oh I have GOT to be on the mailing list for those movies!
ReplyDelete