Tuesday, January 13, 2009

T Minus 35 and Counting

It was really hard - but I survived. Peggy made it home safe and sound last Saturday and I remembered to pick her up at the airport - so all is relatively back to normal here in Maineiac land. Normal - but getting really cooold. These next two weeks are historically the coldest of the year in Maine and it looks like this year will be no exception. Today we made it all the way up to freezing and the upcoming forecast for Friday is for the high to be around 8 degrees. Yup - that's right - EIGHT! I suppose I ought to happy that we aren't in the upper midwest where the temps are around minus 35 degrees right now.

So it's time to start some serious planning on heading south for the remainder of the winter! Our rough plans having us leaving 5 weeks from today so I better get busy. I got a start yesterday by picking up some motorhome spare parts. I decided to pick up the spare serpentine belt that I should have picked up before we went to California last summer and a spare fuel filter that ought to be changed before we leave - but considering the temps - it will probably have to wait until we hit temperatures more conducive to laying on ones back underneath the motorhome. At least I have it now so I'm ready when the weather cooperates. There are some other standard maintenance items that I would normally do before we leave that will also have to wait for a warmer climate! T minus 35 days and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment