On Saturday Peg and I had a pretty quiet but fun day – I waxed the rig a little and we pretty much goofed off the rest of the day! The day ended with a nice dinner with Darrell and Judy complete with ice cream back at our place.
We were much busier on Sunday. We started by joining Darrell and Judy at their church for Sunday services and then we hit the road for a drive to the other side of Mobile Bay to visit Dauphin Island and Fort Gaines. Fort Gaines is the site of a civil war era fort that guarded the entrance to Mobil Bay – a pretty strategic port during the civil war and the site of Captain Farragut’s famous (although perhaps not entirely accurate) quote “damn the torpedoes – full speed ahead.” After touring the fort we found a local seafood joint for some more fried seafood – after downing more fried gulf shrimp and some fried oysters – I’ve decided that I’d better back off the fried food for awhile or I’ll not be able to make it through the door of the motorhome. But it was really good!
We made it back to the Plantation in time for Peggy and Judy to make it over to the clubhouse for a decadent chocolate sampling hour and Darrell and I joined them for the weekly ice cream social. After a much needed walk back home to work off a few calories we called it a pretty full Sunday.
Today was actually kinda warm and muggy here in lower Alabama. I managed to get some more waxing done in the morning and needed a shower afterwards! Darrell and Judy joined us for dinner and Peggy made a great shrimp and pasta dish. Once again we finished off the day with a walk around the park to work off a few more calories. Unfortunately I think we’ve been consuming more than we’ve been working off!Tomorrow we’re planning another busy day playing tourist. Check back later to see what we managed to find to do in Pensacola!
No comments:
Post a Comment