Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Relaxin in Ol Ala-bam

I thought I would start this blog entry with this picture from the rest stop on I-10 near Pensacola, FL. Peggy took the picture as we drove through the other day. The folks in Pensacola are real proud of their status as the "home" of the Blue Angels - even the bridge abutments along I-10 in Pensacola have the Blue Angels in formation on them!




We had a pretty tough day yesterday here at Rainbow Plantation. We managed to get up in time to head over to Darrell and Judy's and then over to their neighbor's in time for the hot dog feast. Then we took a nice walk, a short rest, and then over to the clubhouse for a group dinner for 140 or so. These folks at the Plantation sure do know how to eat!

Today was a nice day as the temps are starting to improve. It made it into the 60s today and it looks like the 80s are not far away! We decided to go check out the local area a bit today so we found the local post office, made a trip to the local Camping World for a few "not so necessities", found the local WalMart for a few more "not so necessities", and then just happen to be near Lambert's at lunchtime so we had to go get some lunch! We hadn't been to a Lambert's for lunch before and I can tell you that it's no different than going for diner - The portions are still huge! Now we have been to all three Lambert's! Pretty much the same experience at each place but I think I prefer the one in Ozark, Mo the best.

After all that food Peggy and I needed a good walk - so we did - and then back to the motorhome for a little relaxation. Since the weather was pretty nice I decided to start cleaning and waxing the rig. I only got about 1/2 of one side done but then tomorrow is another day.

I hope all you folks in the northeast are dug out from the weekend storm and are getting back to normal - and you folks out west - I hope you are get some of the snow that those in the northeast have been getting! You need it a lot more than they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment