Peggy and I said our sad goodbyes to Darrell and Judy this morning and left Rainbow Plantation for points north. We did hit a little rain now and again but not too much and the trip was relatively uneventful as we made our way back into the Eastern Time Zone near Columbus, GA. I say “uneventful” but we did experience one irksome issue in that Lola – our friendly GPS decided not to work very well today and kept having trouble locking onto satellites. I have no clue why “she” had issues today but now, while I sit still here in GA – she seems to be working fine??>??>
We also had an interesting experience near Montgomery, AL when we pulled into the Flying J for fuel. It seems the computers at the “J” were also acting up and they had signs on all the pumps saying that their network was down and that they would be unable to sell gas or merchandise. I know they are presently undergoing a Bankruptcy Chapter 11 reorganization – but you would think they would have a way to sell stuff and collect money regardless of the status of their computers! Welcome to the 21st century!!
Tomorrow morning we will leave here and drive the 80 or so miles to Perry and check in for the convention. We have an assigned “show-up” time of between 8 AM and Noon so we need to be there sometime in that timeframe. Not only will the convention be a first for us – so will “dry camping” for 4-5 days. I filled up the freshwater tank this evening and will make sure the waste tanks are drained tomorrow before we leave. We will be running on propane, battery power (supplemented by generator power when necessary) and the on-board water tank capacities. It ought to be interesting seeing if we can survive without running out of water or filling up the waste tanks. Peggy really isn’t looking forward to taking “Submarine Showers.”
No comments:
Post a Comment