Cool Air and Clear Skies
What a difference a day makes! Yesterday it was pretty warm here at around 95 degrees and there was a very noticeable haze resulting from the forest fires that are still burning here in Northern California. A front moved through last night that really cooled down the temps and cleared the air nicely! Today was very comfortable with temps in the 80s and it was nice to be able to see the surrounding mountains with clarity.
As scheduled - Sister Jamie and I drove over to McCloud today and met Sister Marcie and BIL Don to take car of some furniture acquisitions and then traveled back to Yreka for more visiting. On the way back I stopped in the city of Mt. Shasta to take a picture of the mountain. Although I saw this mountain almost every day for the 3+ years I lived at its base when I was in high school - it never ceases to impress me as a majestic sight. Even though it looks better covered in snow - the summer look is pretty nice too.
Upon my return to the Quiring Resort facilities I was treated to seeing my wife and mother covered in paint! It seems that Peggy was practicing for using face paint with the grandkids when they arrive and needed mom as a model. You just can't leave these two alone for very long and not expect mischief!
I'm a little worried abotu what I'm going to come across when I venture out that way in TWO DAYS!!!!!!! I will NOT be painted - I'll leave that for Nan!
ReplyDelete