Sunday, August 10, 2008

Searching for Louisiana

Yesterday got off to a bit of a rocky start but ended up OK after all was said and done. Peggy and I got up realatively early, had some breakfast, and pretty much followed our morning pre-travel routine. After all was prepared - we sat down ready to start our travels - when guess what? I turned the engine start key and got nothing back in return! I then spent about an hour checking things out and finally found a loose connection on the starter solenoid. Once that was tightened all was back to normal and we were on-the-road. We spent the next 6 or so hours finishing our drive through Wyoming and into Utah,, finishing our day in Brigham City - a bit north of Salt Lake City. I suppose western Wyoming is gorgeous to some but I admit that I didn't think the border was ever going to come.

Like many who spend a lot of time driving, Peggy and I play travel games once in awhile to help the miles go by faster. We start each of our long trips by trying to find vehicles with license plates from all 50 states. We understand that finding one from Hawaii is tough - but we keep looking. Last year it took us all the way to California to finally find our 49th state (Montana). This year the offending state was Louisiana. As we headed further west through Wyoming all seemed lost when all of a sudden - right before the Utah border a little Honda from Louisiana passed us by! Now if we can only get that elusive Hawaii!!


I told you we were Maineiacs.


The weather got a little exciting last night when a thunderstorm moved through about 3:00 AM. Lots of high winds, thunder, and lightning. But all is over now at 7:00 AM and the skies look pretty clear. I guess we better get ready for another day of adventure.


Today it is off to Idaho where we plan on stopping near the Idaho/Oregon border for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment