The Maineiacs (plus one Californiac) are back in motion. Yesterday we made the drive from Yreka to Sacramento going from about 85 degrees through about 102 degrees in Redding to about 105 degrees here in Sacramento. It’s hard to believe I used to live in this place – too hot for me!!Not only too hot !! – way too many people driving way too many cars on way too few roads! When Peggy and I lived here – we lived on the north side of town, outside the city limits in what was sort of rural area. Not any more! Every man, woman, and child must own and drive a car here in the Golden State.
California must be in a long drought period. On the way down we drove over the I-5 bridge at Shasta Lake and saw the lake level down as much as I have ever seen. I think this is as low as the lake has been since the built the Dam! 
Today we got a slow start, did a little local shopping for couple of watch batteries, visited my absolutely favorite Taco Joint – Jimboy’s Tacos – for lunch and then back to the motorhome for a siesta. We are going over to Peggy’s sister Robin’s house for a get-together with three of the “Durham” sisters. Tomorrow we will be going over to sister Terri’s house for a mini Durham Family reunion with all the sisters scheduled to show up and a bunch of the nieces and nephews too. This will probably not be as big a bash as the Evringham Family Reunion – but it will be great to see all the “Durham’s” nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment