Gandy Dancing in Foley - Summerdale, AL
So here we sit ... listening to the consistent din of raindrops on the roof ... while awaiting the snow forecasted this morning for lower Alabama. Does this make any sense? But not to fear - for I am probably the only rig here in the park that brought along a snow shovel for just such an "emergency." Yessiree - Mikee is always prepared. Enough whinning about the weather!! It is what it is and no amount of my whinning or the government's interferrence is going to change it.
Yesterday, Peggy and I joined Darrell and Judy for a visit to the Foley Model Railroad Museum. The Museum contains a very elaborate "O" Guage model railroad layout operated and maintained by about a dozen local officianados. The amount of detail they have put in to their rolling stock and their model towns and countryside is really amazing.
After our bit of "gandy dancing" (you'll have to look that one up) Mikee was hungry (as always) so the gang was forced to drive over to Big Daddys Grill to feed him some shrimp, both fried and grilled. I gotta tell you - I really like good shrimp - and I've had shrimp in lots of places - but I REALLY like the shrimp at Big Daddys!!
Once we dig out from whatever snow we get here today the Mardi Gras festivities are scheduled to start this evening at the clubhouse. I'm looking forward to tonite's coronation of the Rainbow Plantation's Mardi Gras King and Queen. Should be a real hoot.
No comments:
Post a Comment