We had a pretty quiet travel day today from Bushnell to Chattahoochie, FL (just west of Tallahassee, FL). The weather was relatively nice as we made our drive today but it looks like that will change significantly tonight and early tomorrow morning when the heavy rains arrive. So here's the conundrum: If the storm is moving from west to east at 30-40 mph - do I leave early in the AM and head west when it is just getting started here ...or...do I get a later start and head west when the rains are at their worst here and hope to run out of the rain earlier?
Either way - we get wet. I think I'll take the leave early option. At least that way I do the outside pre-travel routine in something less than a downpour.
We are looking forward to an extended stay at Rainbow Plantation (the "Plantation") in Summerdale, AL for the next several weeks. Especially since I understand we start with a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday ... and then there's Super Bowl Sunday. Sounds like a fun start to a fun stay. Now let's hope for some clear skies and warmer temps.
No comments:
Post a Comment