We chickened out. It was just too darned cold and windy to be standing outside waiting for and watching a parade so we decided to stay inside and have dinner with Darrell and Judy and their friends/our new neighbors Mike and Gerri Jones. We had kind of a buffet with Peggy's enchiladas, salad supplied by the Pattersons, and dessert/drink supplied by the Joneses. One thing about hanging out with these SKPs - they definitely know how to eat, enjoy themselves, eat, and have a good time.
Today we started off with attending church services with the Pattersons, some goof-off time, our (hopefully) daily walk around the park, and then some more food & fellowship at the clubhouse at the super bowl party. The SKP bunch seemed pretty evenly divided between members of the Who Dat Nation and the Whosier Nation. As I sit here writing this the game is still in progress. As for me ... I guess I'm rooting for the Saints since they are the "underdogs." Who Dat Dere Gonna Beat Dem Saints?
We are also getting into the Mardi Gras spirit. We may not be in New Orleans but these Alabamians do a pretty good job of getting into the carnival mood themselves. Tonite we learned how to correctly claim a moon pie if given the opportunity during a parade using the stomp and slide method. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about - remind me to give you a demonstration next time we meet. Oh yeah - I also got my first beads tonight.
It's going to be a wild week here in LA (Lower Alabama)!
No comments:
Post a Comment