Time to get caught up. I know I have not been very consistent in maintaining this blog over the past week or so but I have lots of excuses.
Excuse #1: Too busy
My days have been filled from the time I get up to the time I hit the sack. Getting up at the crack of 8:00 AM or so and passing out around 10:00 PM only leaves so many hours ya know. Then there is breakfast, lunch, and dinner - those take up time. And visiting with friends is time consuming too! Before you know it - all the time is gone.
Excuse #2: Nothing to Say
You know me - Mr. Introvert.
Excuse #3: Lazy
Excuse #3 is probably the most accurate.
But enough excuses - time to get caught up.
Stacy called yesterday with the news that the rain/snow and high winds back home had knocked down a power pole near our house and therefore the house was without power. The good news was that we weren't getting any basement flooding in spite of all the rain and loss of power to the sump pump. She and Kaj checked out the house again last night and it was still without power so they got out the generator and powered things up to warm up the place a bit. She just called this morning and it looks like the power is back on so all is back to somewhat "normal." Thanks you two for taking care of the homefront while we are busy down here in LA.
The weather has continued relatively cool here on the Gulf Coast with daytime highs in the mid to high 50s and sometimes making it into the 60s. Significantly below the AVERAGE historical highs in the mid 60s. The sun does feel good in the afternoons as long as the wind stays somewhat calm. Peggy and I took advantage of a nice afternoon last Thursday and drove down to the coast to visit the Ft. Morgan area on the east side of Mobile Bay. While in the area we checked out some of the beach homes on stilts. Although I'm sure these places could offer a nice escape from city life for some folks - I wasn't a bit tempted to run out and buy one of the many that were for sale. I was however tempted by some fried shrimp at Big Os seafood on the way home.
Then there was the Friday gambit over to Big Daddy's for more shrimp with a bunch of new and old friends from the Plantation. This time I tried the blackend shrimp. Yum- Yum I may have found a new favorite. This is starting to sound pretty old huh? Another day - more shrimp for Mikee.
Well just so you don't think I find a new way to have shrimp everyday - Yesterday Peggy and I drove over to Pensacola, FL to a fabric store. That's right Marcie and Jamie - I spent the morning in a fabric store! Well not exactly all morning - Darrell and I got really bored after awhile so we left to go have a coffee for about a half hour or so and when we returned the gals were just getting in line #1 to have their chosen fabrics cut - before getting in line #2 to pay for said fabrics. So after our fabric experience we headed back towards the Plantation - but then it was getting close to lunch - so guess what - yup - we needed to eat! Fortunately Stacey's Pharmacy and olde time soda fountain was on the way so we stopped by for hot dogs and ice cream (sundae's and shakes). No shrimp this time but still goood.
Upon returning to the Plantation for an afternoon rest from a busy day of fabric shopping - we were invited over to the Patterson's for another bout of eating and visiting with friends - Darrell and Judy, Mike and Gerri Jones and Randy and Terry Guiler. Mike and Gerri are leaving the Plantation this morning for Georgia so we needed to give them a good send-off over spaghetti, wine, and lots of laughter. The good news is - if you get this group together you will not have to worry about laughter - and wine is optional.
No comments:
Post a Comment