Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Let The Good Times Roll - Summerdale, AL

Finally! Mardi Gras is over here at the Plantation. Let me tell you - I think Peggy and I are among the youngest couples here and we are just barely keeping up our elder fellow RVers in all these party activities.

Yesterday we braved the cold temperatures and attended the Plantation's Mardi Gras parade. The temps may have been cold but it didn't seem to deter the local revelers. We saw some really great get-ups riding the golf carts, floats, and cycles - and more moon pies and beads!

Today Peggy and Judy Patterson took off to do some mother-of-the-bride dress shopping while Darrell and I drove over to Home Depot to pick up more supplies for Mod-1 to Darrell's RV Inverter installation. After picking up our parts we spent a few hours completing the installation before Peggy and Judy returned - empty handed.

This afternoon we joined the crowd at the clubhouse for the 4 PM Social Hour and then we helped make a hundred plus salads for the evening meal prepared by Larry-The-Cook. Larry is the one who looks very Cook-Like in his Hot Dog Cook's Hat. Larry and his helpers provided a really nice meatloaf dinner for all of us prior to the final Mardi Gras festivities.

So with all the parades, skits, costumes, beads, moon pies, and other party stuff over for this year's Mardi Gras it's time to rest up a bit. We have had a great time over this past several days enjoying our first Mardi Gras - and I doubt it will be our last.

With Mardi Gras behind us I think it's time to work on getting some warmer weather down here in LA. I should not be having to disconnect and drain the fresh water supply hose at night to prevent freeze damage and it's high time we get the temps back into at least the 60s - after all this is Alabama!

No comments:

Post a Comment