Monday, January 24, 2011

Brrr - Clarksboro, NJ

Brrrr. Man is it cold! I see on the news that the whole country is in winter's cold arctic grip. We certainly are here in New Jersey where it got down to about 10* last night!! But things are looking better over the next few days. At least they are temperature-wise. It always seems to have to warm up to snow and snow/rain is in the forecast for Tuesday night/Wednesday morning with highs back up to around 40*!

So how did my new super-whamadyne heated water supply hose work yesterday? Well it worked great during the day in 20* weather but I noticed we had no water pressure this morning when it was 10*. Actually - the hose worked great - but when I hooked it up to the spigot - I installed a brass pressure regulator which was not heated or insulated. I figured - with the spigot heated and insulated and the hose heated and insulated - that little 4 inch piece of brass would certainly not freeze - right? Well apparently it won't at 20 degrees but it will at 10 degrees! I removed the pressure regulator this morning and re-hooked up the hose and all was well again. I think maybe I'll install the regulator in the "wet-bay" where the hose enters the Winne. It's a bit warmer in there and at least the rig's water system will be protected from over-pressure - even if the hose won't be. Another lesson learned by the cold weather Rver.

After a relatively slow start to yesterday Peggy and I spent the afternoon/evening with the kids/grandkids working on that activities list they made the day before. We didn't get it all done - but we made a big dent in it.

Today is grocery shopping day and then we'll head over for a bit more visiting this afternoon and maybe we'll work on that activities list some more.

As long as the activities are inside. Did I mention it was cooold!

1 comment:

  1. Welllll, it was BEAUTIFUL today - not even coat weather. Hope it'll warm up for you soon. Love ya! Squeeze those girls for us, too! Marcie

    ReplyDelete