Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's all Peggy's Fault - 13 and a wake up!

Peggy and I have had a pretty busy first week of the year attending to medical checkups. I started the chore on Monday with a trip to the optometrist for a biannual eye exam. Not much to report on that experience except that I continue to be amazed at the cost of eyeglasses. I know I need them, I'm far past the denial stage here ... but I don't understand the cost. I suppose Ben Franklin had to pay a lot for his as well but you would think the price would have come down by now!

Peggy made it to the dentist for her semiannual cleaning/checkup on Tuesday and has her physical checkup next week. So it won't be long before all our checkups are done for awhile.

I have started to complete my pre-travel check-off list. The oil got changed in the Vue yesterday and the tires got rotated today. I took care of our mail forwarding (using the USPS temporary mail forwarding process) on Monday and ordered an additional 3 months of prescriptions yesterday. The fuel oil tank got filled yesterday so it's good for several months as long as we turn down the heat and turn off the water heater when we leave. So one-by-one the list is being worked off.

I even managed to sorta fix one more item on the Winne. On our trip back to Maine from California last year the inverter died. Now the inverter only supplies power to the entertainment system (TVs, DVD player, Satellite TV receiver) and is only needed when not plugged in to an external power source - but in those few instances - it would be nice to have it work. I did purchase a replacement inverter on the trip but it requires unplugging the items I want to power and then plug them into the inverter. Now you all know I am much lazier than that. With the original inverter system I could set up the system to automatically swap over to the inverter on loss of external power. At the worse I might have to operate one switch. So I took apart the original inverter system, removed the parts that didn't work anyway, and modified the system to allow my new inverter to work with the automatic swap over portion of the original system. Works like a champ!

Now I know I'm going to get some comments opining on how spoiled I have become. And I'm going to get harassed by my RVing buddy Darrell because I laughed at him when he wanted my help installing a switch so he could swap over his inverter with the flip of one switch. So I'm spoiled. I admit it. It's all Peggy's fault.

1 comment:

  1. No harrasment here. I think it's a great idea. All you need to do is contact my electrician and he'll fix you right up. Just flip the switch and viola!!! Your TV doesn't even miss a beat.

    ReplyDelete