Yesterday turned out to be more of a cold weather RVing challenge than I suspected. You may recall that I took care of the frozen water supply hose problem pretty easily by removing the unprotected water pressure regulator - well it didn't stop there.
After taking my morning shower I decided I better empty the grey water tank. Actually - Peggy decided for me since she pretty much filled up the remaining volume before I took a shower! Sure enough - the grey water tank dump valve is frozen shut! Grrr. No problem - break out Peggy's portable hair dryer and thaw out that pipe. In the meantime I break off the remaining portion of plastic handle for the dump valve handle and cut my finger. No problem - a little soap and water - neosporin - and a band aid and I'm back in business. Once the medical issues are taken care of I figure I better see to a small water drip on the 90 degree fitting on our fresh water hose connection to the rig. You got it - that resulted in a broken fitting! No problem - Camping World is right down the road. But before we head to Camping World I figure we better fill up with propane since we have been using a lot and what better time to fill up than on the coldest day of the year! So we rig the Winne for travel (we had to move about a hundred feet to the propane tank) and top of the propane tank - at $4.38 a gallon! I know it's selling for $2.99 a gallon just down the road at the Flying J - but I suppose the convenience factor drives up the price!
So after all that - and a trip to Camping World - all was well again.
We finished our day with more visiting with the Grandkids - played a few games - made some brownies - life is good.
RVing in the winter in the northeast is definitely not for Wusses.
What a great amount of love for the kids and especially the grands to endure such bitter cold in your rv. That is worse than last year at Rainbow. You guys take care and stay warm!!
ReplyDeleteNo, RVing in the northeast is not for wusses, just for crazy people!!!! Temps in the 50's last night and the 60's today - let's hope we keep it that way.
ReplyDelete