Monday, January 31, 2011

It's All Good - Somewhere in the Frozen Tundra, ME

Uh-Oh. It appears that ol' man winter is gonna kick some serious heine again! And once again it looks like the Maineiacs are in the wrong place at the wrong time. As I recall - 2 weeks ago it snowed here in Maine on Wednesday - but we were able to shovel the 2-4 inches and hit the road for our travel to New Jersey on Thursday. Last week it snowed on Wednesday while we were in New Jersey - this time somewhere between 10 inches and 15 inches! So we dug out on Thursday and traveled on Friday. It looks kinda like DeJa Vu all over again this week!

Once this storm gets done pummeling the midwest and moves through the northeast - it looks like we are going to get another foot or so of snow before Thursday morning. So once again - I expect we will be digging out and shoveling off the roof of the Winne on Thursday and hopefully traveling south on Friday. Now all I gotta do is find a place to put another foot of snow!?

I see that it is 50 degrees warmer in Summerdale, AL today than it is here in Maine today! I'm not complaining mind you - just noting the facts! Some of us will warm up using the sunshine and balmy temps - others of us will warm up shoveling 10-15 inches of God's gift to those in the northern climes.

As Peggy keeps reminding me - it's "All Good."

1 comment:

  1. Old Man Winter just keeps on kicking doesn't he! Hang in there and you guys will get south. Take care and good luck with the upcoming winter storm.

    ReplyDelete