Peggy and I declared a goof off day on Monday. We really didn't have anything schedued for the day and although we thought of a few chores we "could" do -- we decided that a goof off day sounded better. So we got ourselves ready to go and went for a drive. First question - which direction. We settled on south since that sounded warmer. But we frequently drive south down I-95 so that would be boring - so we decided to take Route 1. Now if you've ever done this you know that it certainly isn't the fastest route as you go through every little southern Maine coastal town - but it's certainly more interesting than driving I-95. So after cruising for an hour or so south we decided that we needed some food. Peggy had noticed that a Captain Newick's seafood restaurant had recently moved into South Portland - and we used to like their fare when we had visited other locations - so we decided to try it.
Unfortunately for them we have become pretty spoiled when it comes to good seafood. We tend to compare everyplace we go to either Captain Mike's here in Brunswick or Big Daddy's in Alabama. Since the fare at Captain Newick's was more in line with the menu at Captain Mike's - that was our comparison point. So Peggy had the broiled scallops and I tried the baked stuffed shrimp - bottom line - both were good - Captain Mike's was better and Captain Newick's was more expensive.
All-In-All our goof off day was a fun distraction.
Yesterday was more of a wierd day. On Monday I had received a call from some folks at my previous work location wanting me to attend, by phone, a planning meeting they were going to have on Tuesday. So I agreed - that couldn't take too long - right? Well maybe not. As it turned out - I sat in my home "office" pretty much all day listening to a meeting - throwing in a comment or two here and there - while never getting out of my Jammies. And I get paid for this! Not only that ... but the meeting is continuing into today and I'm doing the same thing as I type. I did get dressed today however.
So here we sit - the snow is blizzarding, I'm earning gas money, and it's 7 and a Wake-Up!
So that's pretty much life with Mike and Peggy. As soon as the blizzard gets done - we'll dig us out - then we'll go dig out the Winne and bring her over here to the house to get her prepped for leaving.
So you folks in the south (including southern New Jersey) better start warming things up a bit - it won't be long before us Maineiacs will be back in Motion.
Can't wait to see you!!
ReplyDelete