Yesterday was Gumbo Day again. The last batch was so good I decided to try it again. This time I went for chicken and kielbasa gumbo. Yum-yum once again. It takes me several hours and at least one martini to finish a batch - but it sure is good and it will last for several days - getting better every day!
It was below 0 degrees Fahrenheit here this morning. How far below? It doesn't matter - once it gets below 0 - it's far below brrr cold and there is no reason to measure.
So since it was the coldest day of the year so far I decided to go start the Winne and bring her home to start the load out process and get her ready to roll. She didn't like waking up - but she did it anyway. On the way home I decided to take her over to the local propane filling station and get the propane topped off. I figure I'll need a lot of it over the next few weeks so I might as well start off full! After getting her home and parked I started the preps. First job - get a heater running inside. I put our 1500 Watt oil filled electric heater inside and after 5 hours of running full force - it's all the way up to 46 degrees inside. I think I'll leave the heater running all night and see where the temp stabilizes. I think it will take a long time for all that cooold material to warm up.
I also managed to take care of a couple of other maintenance items like installing my modified inverter swap over system and replacing two of the gas springs that hold open a couple of the basement compartment doors.
Time to get busy - 4 and a Wake-Up!
Bring that gumbo reciepe with you - I'll even drink a screwdriver with you while you suck down your martini.
ReplyDeleteKeep Winne cozy warm and happy - Happy Trails.