Ahhh - the sunshine is back. After a couple of days of cloudy, cold, and rainy weather the sun returned yesterday and the temps made it back into the 70s. Better news ... more of the same today!
We celebrated sol's return yesterday by traveling the back roads of the Texas hill country - through beautiful downtown Waring ...
and on to Alamo Springs where we stopped at the Alamo Springs Cafe to try "the best hamburgers in Texas."
The Alamo Springs Cafe is not in the middle of nowhere - but you can see it from there. Considering their remote location ... and considering that the parking lot was full when we arrived ... I figured they must be doing something right!
Inside the Cafe we (D&J and we) met up with the fellow RVers we met last week - Jim and Ellie - and another couple that belong to the fulltiming RV gang that seem to be everywhere - Rod and Debbie Kendall. The food was as good as advertised. I had a huge burger (I don't think they make any other size) covered with green chiles, onions, and cheese and added a half order of their equally huge battered fried onion rings. Peggy had her burger with grilled onions and jack cheese. I haven't tried all the burgers in Texas - but mine was certainly the best I've had!
After gorging ourselves we walked around the nearby local attraction -- an old railroad tunnel that is home to a few million bats in the late spring to summer months. This must be a real attraction in a few months since I see they have built seating for all to sit while "enjoying" seeing the bats as they swarm from their "tunnel."
We finished our day with a drive to Fredericksburg, a short shopping stroll down Main Street, and then a long drive home via Kerrville.
Another fun day in the sun in Texas.
that is one 'big burger'!..looked yummy! Glad to see that the sun is back out!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to meet both Rod & Deb and Jim & Ellie. Great folks, aren't they? And those burgers look really yummy.
ReplyDelete